- Applications for the 2019-2020 Girl Up Teen Advisory board is now closed. Applicants will receive a notification on the status of their application in March.
Proceso de solicitud:
Every January, Girl Up opens the first round of applications to self-identified teen girls who are ready and excited to change the world. Girl Up selects girls from the first round and invites them to an interview process for the second round. Girl Up revisa esas solicitudes y notifica al nuevo grupo de consejeras adolescentes a mediados de abril. Las consejeras adolescentes se desempeñan como tales durante un año a partir del 1.º de junio.Applications open on January 23, 2019, and are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on February 18, 2019.
The 2019-2020 Girl Up Teen Advisor application consists of an online application answering the below essay questions and a video submission. In addition, a letter of recommendation with the subject line Teen Advisor Application Recommendation Letter_Last Name_First Name must also be submitted to Community@GirlUp.org for an application to be considered complete. Only complete applications submitted by 11:59pm EST on February 18, 2019 will be considered.
- Please explain your involvement with Girl Up to date (250 words)
- Serving as a Girl Up Teen Advisor requires a significant time commitment. We value well-rounded applicants and bringing your full self to the program. Please list any other commitments/activities/clubs etc. that will occupy your time next year (June 1, 2019 – May 30, 2020) (75 words)
- Many inequalities exist in our backyards. With a gender lens, what is one local social justice issue that speaks to you? Share your ideas on how you would address it (with the help of others of course!). Why is it important to fight for this issue in your community and around the world (300 words)
- Champions are celebrities, athletes, activists, etc. who help spread awareness on behalf of Girl Up. Who would you like to see as a Girl Up Champion and why? (200 words)
- What event would you like to plan and execute during your Teen Advisor tenure? Please list out your goals and the steps of action you would take (250 words)
- Describe the community you grew up in and how it influenced you, your upbringings, values, experiences, etc. Girl Up is committed to diversity and inclusion in all forms and respects all of our supporters’ complex and varying identities (300 words)
- Girl Up gets hundreds of applications for the Teen Advisory Board, and while everyone is a total #girlhero, what makes you stand out from the rest and why? Think about what you would like to gain from the Teen Advisor program (300 words)
- VIDEO: In a ONE minute video, please record yourself answering the following questions: A) What is one word that represents the power of girls? B) What issue do you care about the most and how will you use your Teen Advisor tenure to address it? Be ready to provide a link to your video.
Girl Up is committed to seeking and maintaining a culturally diverse and inclusive Teen Advisor class. Applicants who represent underrepresented backgrounds in regards to race/ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, religion etc., are especially encouraged to apply.